1.06.2010

Supporting Cast

I'm reading a book right now called Who Gets to Narrate the World by Robert E. Webber.  In it, he writes about how God's story suffers from reductionism and privatism.  He writes, "The Christian faith was reduced to the problem of my sin, the work of Christ for me, the necessity of my conversion and the expectation of my faithfulness to live like a Christian.  I was made the center of the story.  I needed to invite Jesus into my life and my journey so he would walk with me and bless my life and my ministry."  The problem is we tend to make the Gospel all about us.  But it's not our story.  It's God's.  He's the author.  He's the director.  We're the supporting cast.  I need to die to my story and align my life with God's story.  Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me..."        

No comments:

Post a Comment