8.30.2010

Put Words in My Mouth

God called Jeremiah to be a prophet to the nations (Jeremiah 1:5).  Jeremiah claims he doesn't know how to speak and that he is to young.  God responds, "You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you...I have put my words in your mouth" Jeremiah. 1:7-9.  As I read these words, I couldn't help but reflect on the words of the hymn, "breathe on me, breath of God, till I am wholly thine, till all this earthly part of me glows with thy fire divine."  A lot of times, I find myself tongue-tied and not knowing what to say in certain situations or conversations.  My prayer for us today as followers of Christ on the journey together is that our earthly bodies would blend with the divine and a fire would glow to all that we would come into contact with.  That God would put his words into our mouths.  In the words of David in Psalm 19:14, "May these words of my mouth and this mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Go ahead God.  Put words in our mouth.  Words that speak life.  Words that are pleasing in your sight.      

No comments:

Post a Comment