3.17.2010

Stumbling Blocks and Foolishness

Well I'm back.  The quarter is over, my final projects are done, and I have time to blog again.  At our church we have been going through the Bible a book a week and we're up to the book of 1 Corinthians.  This morning I was read this passage: "Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God" (1. Cor. 1:22-24 TNIV).  I must admit that I often find myself either demanding signs from God or wanting God to fit into my mold of what makes sense (wisdom).  Yet Paul writes, "we preach Christ crucified."  That certainly didn't make sense to many in the first century.  When life doesn't make sense, I often find myself asking God to show me a sign or I try to figure out what's going on.  This morning, I have been reminded to once again take a posture of humility trusting in the wisdom of God, which is Christ.  God's ways may seem like stumbling blocks and foolishness, but true power and true wisdom are found in Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment