4.06.2010

Following Sense or God

This morning I was reading in Philippians about Paul encouraging the believers by telling then that his imprisonment has actually helped to spread the gospel and helped others speak even more boldly about Jesus (Phil. 1:12-14).  I'll be the first to admit that God doesn't always make sense to me.  If I were Paul, I would be wondering to myself, how can I fulfill my role as an apostle when I'm imprisoned?  It wouldn't have made sense to me.  Yet Paul says that his circumstances actually helped spread the Gospel.  I wonder how often I close the door on what God might be up to or miss opportunities to see the Gospel spread because I don't see how it possibly makes sense.  Do I always take the path that makes sense or am I open to allowing God to work through me in all different kinds of circumstances?  I suppose I typically go the way that makes sense because it's comfortable or familiar.  God help me to choose you over sense.    

No comments:

Post a Comment