4.09.2010

Imitating my Son

It's Friday and my final day this week with Philippians.  Chapter 3, verse 17 says, "Brothers and sisters, join in imitating me, and observing those who live according to the example you have in us" (NRSV).  I was reminded of this yesterday in an incident with my son Caleb.  We were at the church building, and Caleb & Leah were playing, while I was trying to get a little work done.  This women came in and was sharing about her current circumstances and how she was trusting God to help her.  As she was sharing, I could see Caleb walking around collecting something.  He walked over to us and gave her a welcome card, a postcard with info about our church, and a new visitor card, then proceeded to tell her that we have church here.  I think he made her day.  I couldn't have been more proud of him at that moment.  My hope is that as we live as Christ followers, that we will live with and in front of others in ways that we can learn and imitate each other, becoming more and more like Christ.  As I watch my son's boldness, I learned that not only do I want him to imitate me, but there are times when I need to imitate him!    

No comments:

Post a Comment